Summer Term Tuesday 21st April to 30th June 10 weeks (half term 26th May) – evening – Ufton
These are mixed ability courses beginners will start by learning the skills and techniques required to achieve the best results from the paste and the tools to produce a selection of spring flowers including Sweet peas and foliage, Carnations, Daisies. Students with some or more experience are able to work on own project designs, or more complex flowers and foliage and tape then into sprays or arrangements having had a prior discussion with the tutor.
This class has a maximum of 10 students
Duration: 2 hours per week for 10 weeks
Time: From 5.45 pm to 7.45 pm
Start Date: 21st April 2020
End Date: 30th June 2020
Half term Tuesday 26th May
Venue: Ufton Village Hall, Ufton, Warwickshire
Level of difficulty:
Beginners through to those with some experience.
Skills you will learn:
- The skills & techniques required to achieve the best results from the flower paste & tools
- How to make petals & leaves including wiring where required
- How to dust the flowers & foliage adding colour & depth to achieve a realistic finish
- How to put the flowers and foliage together to produce a spray
Students will also need to bring their own tools & equipment. A list is provided below. We do have a number of cutters & veiner’s for use in the class these will be shared if students do not have their own. We will provide materials for use in the class.
Equipment students need to bring to the course.
- Non-Stick Workboard
- Small non-stick Rolling Pin
- Small Pliers
- Small pair of fine scissors
- Wire cutters
- Foam Pad no holes
- Oasis covered in cling film
- Empty shoebox
- Bath sponge (supermarket)
- Veining tool Jem
- Ball Tool (Dog Bone) (PME)
- Flat & rounded dusting brushes & a fine paintbrush 00 or 000
- Craft knife or Plain edged cutting wheel
- Cel sticks (Cel Cakes)
- Notebook & pen
- Sweet pea Cutter (Tinkertech Two) 30mm 555/556
- Simple leaf cutters (Tinkertech Two) 229/232
- Carnation Cutter (Tinkertech Two) medium 30mm 313
- Daisy Cutter 8 petal pointed (Tinkertech 2) 33mm 104
More experienced students must contact the tutor prior to booking to discuss their requirements. At this stage, a list of equipment will be discussed. Contact Colette Laura May by email or mobile (contact details on the website).