Quilling in Sugar Workshop – 13 September – Warwick
This two day workshop will enable you to produce a Cymbidium Orchid, Fern, Hypericum Berries and foliage from flower paste which you will tape into a spray. This will be suitable to adorn any celebration cake.
This class has a maximum of 8 students
Duration: 1 day
Time: From 10.00 am to 4.30 pm
Start Date: 13th September 2020
Venue: Norma Jean Bakery, 29 Market Street, Warwick, CV34 4DH
Level of difficulty:
Beginners upwards. No previous experience is required.
Skills you will learn:
- How to cut the flower paste
- How to make a variety of different shapes to represent flowers, centres & leaves
- Use of craft dusts to add depth & shading
- How to paint stems using cocoa butter
Refreshments will be provided, along with the materials. Students will need to bring a packed lunch. Students will also need to bring their own tools & equipment. A list is provided below.
Equipment students need to bring to the workshop
- Non-Stick Workboard
- Rolling Pin
- Craft knife or Plain edged cutting wheel (PME)
- Flat dusting brushes
- Fine paintbrush
- Foam Pad
- Cornflower dusting bag
- Strip Cutter No 1 (JEM)
- Strip Cutter No 2 (JEM)
- Coloured headpins
- Piece of foam or sponge
- Quilling tool – a metal slotted paper tool – paper quilling one
- A circles plastic template paper tool – paper quilling one
- Notebook & pen
- An 8” dummy cake on a 10” drum board both covered in white sugar paste at least 48 hours prior to the class. Alternatively, this can be arranged on an 8” white sugar paste covered drum board.
- A box to take your creation home in