Opening Peony & Foliage Making Workshop – 5 July 2020 – Warwick
This one day workshop will enable you to produce an Opening Peony and foliage from flower paste which you will tape into a spray. This will be suitable to adorn any celebration cake.
This class has a maximum of 8 students
Duration: 1 day
Time: From 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Start Date: 5th July 2020
End Date: 5th July 2020
Venue: Norma Jean Bakery, 29 Market Street, Warwick, CV34 4DH
Level of difficulty:
Beginner/Intermediate. Students will be required to understand how to wire petals & leaves and use cutters and veiner’s prior to attending the workshop.
Skills you will learn:
- How to make peony centres, including the use of stamens
- How to vein and shape the petals
- How to dust your creations to produce the right shading for them to look realistic
- Attaching the petals
- Making & Adding the calyx to compete the flower.
- Producing peony foliage
- How to put the flowers and foliage together to produce a spray
Refreshments will be provided, along with the materials. Students will need to bring a packed lunch. Students will also need to bring their own tools & equipment. A list is provided below.
Equipment students need to bring to the workshop
- Non Stick Work board.
- Craft knife or Plain edged cutting wheel (PME)
- Rolling Pin
- Flat & round dusting brushes
- Wire cutters
- Foam Pad
- Cornflower dusting bag
- Veining tool (JEM)
- Ball tool dog bone (PME)
- Cel sticks (CC)
- Angled tweezers
- Rose petal cutters (TT2) 549-551 & 276-280
- Peony leaf cutters (TT2) 727-728 or 729-730 & 725-726
- Peony leaf veiner (SKGI) single 8cm
- Apple Tray (Supermarket)
- Note book & pen
- A box lined with tissue to transport your finished spray
- A block of oasis or styrofoam covered in cling film
Discount codes MUST be used at the time of purchasing a workshop via the website. Discounts cannot be applied after the booking has been made.
The cake dummy is for illustrative purposes only & will not form part of the workshop. Depending on how quickly you work will depend on the amount of Foliage is produced.
Colette Laura May (we) reserves the right to cancel or change a workshop. In these circumstances we will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students a transfer to this date, or if this date is not convenient an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
We are unable to offer refunds or workshop transfers should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your workshop.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another workshop if Colette Laura May is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of the workshop co-ordinator and will incur a £20 administration fee. No transfer will be offered if the cancellation is within four weeks of the workshop date.