One Day Workshop for Beginners and skills brush-up – 24 June 2020 – Ufton
This workshop is designed for those with little or no experience in sugarcraft, or those wanting to brush up on their skills. You will learn the skills & techniques required to achieve the best results from the paste & your tools to produce a stem of sweet peas, foliage & Fantasy ﬂowers.
This class has a maximum of 8 students
Duration: 1 day
Time: From 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Start Date: 24h June 2020
End Date: 24th June 2020
Venue: Ufton Village Hall, Ufton, Warwickshire
Level of difficulty:
Total Beginners or those with a little experience or those wanting to brush up on their skills.
Skills you will learn:
- The skills & techniques required to achieve the best results from the ﬂower paste & tools
- How to make petals & leaves including wiring where required
- How to make fantasy ﬂowers
- How to use cutters & veiner’s to produce sweet-peas & foliage
- How to dust the ﬂowers & foliage adding colour & depth to achieve a realistic ﬁnish
- How to put the ﬂowers and foliage together to produce a spray
Refreshments will be provided, along with the materials. Students will need to bring a packed lunch. Students will also need to bring their own tools & equipment. A list is provided below.
Equipment students need to bring to the workshop
- Non Stick Work board
- Small non stick Rolling Pin
- Small Pliers
- Small pair of ﬁne scissors
- Wire cutters
- Foam Pad no holes
- Oasis covered in cling ﬁlm
- Empty shoe box
- Cel Sticks (CC)
- Ceramic Silk Veining Tool HP or Jem Veining tool
- Ball Tool (Dog Bone) (PME)
- Flat & rounded dusting brushes
- Craft knife or Plain edged cutting wheel
- Note book & pen
- Sweet pea Cutter (Tinkertech Two) 30mm 555/556
- Simple leaf cutters (Tinkertech Two) 229/232
- Sweet pea Veiner – (optional) (SKGI)
- Peony Leaf Veiner Single (SKGI)
Discount codes MUST be used at the time of purchasing a workshop via the website. Discounts cannot be applied after the booking has been made.
The photograph is for illustrative purposes only. Depending on how quickly you work, will determine the number of sea Holly made.
Colette Laura May (we) reserves the right to cancel or change a workshop. In these circumstances we will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students a transfer to this date, or if this date is not convenient an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
We are unable to offer refunds or workshop transfers should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your workshop.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another workshop if Colette Laura May is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of the workshop co-ordinator and will incur a £20 administration fee. No transfer will be offered if the cancellation is within four weeks of the workshop date.