Japanese Peony & Butterfly Workshop – 24-25 August 2020 – Ufton
This two day workshop will enable you to produce a Japanese Tree Peony, Buds, Foliage & Butterflies from flower paste which you will tape into a spray. This will be suitable to adorn any celebration cake.
Everything is explained to you step by step so there will be time to make notes and ask questions.
This class has a maximum of 8 students
Duration: 2 days
Time: From 9.30 am to 6.30 pm
Start Date: 24th August 2020
End Date: 25th August 2020
Venue: Ufton Village Hall, Ufton, Warwickshire
Level of difficulty:
Intermediate/Advanced. Students will be required to understand how to wire petals & leaves and use cutters and veiner’s prior to attending the workshop.
Skills you will learn:
- How to make the Peony centres
- How to make, vein and shape the petals
- How to dust your creations to produce the right shading for them to look realistic
- How to make Peony Foliage
- How to make Fantasy Butterflies
- How to produce Peony Buds
- How to put the flowers and foliage together to produce a spray
- How to make the calyx
Refreshments will be provided, along with the materials. Students will need to bring a packed lunch. Students will also need to bring their own tools & equipment. A list is provided below.
Equipment students need to bring to the workshop
- Non Stick Work board
- Rolling Pin
- Craft knife or Plain edged cutting wheel (PME)
- Flat dusting brushes
- Fine paintbrush
- Wire cutters
- Foam Pad
- Cornflower dusting bag
- Tree Peony Petal veiner (Optional if you have them).
- Fantasy Butterfly Cutters (JEM)
- Tree Peony Leaf Cutters (TT) 727-728, 729-730, 723-724 & 725-726
- Tree Peony Leaf Veiner (SKGI)
- Cel size guide (CC) Optional
- Veining tool (JEM)
- Fine Angled tweezers
- Dresden Tool (JEM)
- Apple tray (supermarket)
- Ball tool
- Cel sticks (CC)
- Note book & pen
- A block of oasis or styrofoam covered in cling film
- A 12” box lined with tissue to transport your finished spray
Discount codes MUST be used at the time of purchasing a workshop via the website. Discounts cannot be applied after the booking has been made.
The cake dummy is for illustrative purposes only & will not form part of the workshop. Depending on how quickly you work will depend on the amount of foliage produced & the number of butterflies made.
Colette Laura May (we) reserves the right to cancel or change a workshop. In these circumstances we will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students a transfer to this date, or if this date is not convenient an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
We are unable to offer refunds or workshop transfers should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your workshop.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another workshop if Colette Laura May is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of the workshop co-ordinator and will incur a £20 administration fee. No transfer will be offered if the cancellation is within four weeks of the workshop date.