Christmas Rose Workshop – 26-27 October 2020 – Ufton
This two day workshop will enable you to produce Christmas Roses, Foliage, Snowberries & Eucalyptus from flower paste which you will tape into a spray. This will be suitable to adorn any celebration cake.
This class has a maximum of 8 students
Duration: 2 days
Time: From 9.30 am to 6.00 pm
Start Date: 26th October 2020
End Date: 27th October 2020
Venue: Ufton Village Hall, Ufton, Warwickshire
Level of difficulty:
Intermediate/Advanced. Students will be required to understand how to wire petals & leaves and use cutters and veiner’s prior to attending the workshop.
Skills you will learn:
- How to make the Christmas Rose centres
- How to make, vein and shape the petals
- How to dust your creations to produce the right shading for them to look realistic
- How to make Christmas Rose Foliage
- How to make Snowberries & Foliage
- How to make Eucalyptus
- How to put the flowers and foliage together to produce a spray
Refreshments will be provided, along with the materials. Students will need to bring a packed lunch. Students will also need to bring their own tools & equipment. A list is provided below.
Equipment students need to bring to the workshop
- Non Stick Work board
- Rolling Pin
- Craft knife
- Flat dusting brushes
- Fine paintbrush
- Wire cutters
- Foam Pad
- Cornflower dusting bag
- Christmas Rose Cutters (TT) 282-284
- Christmas (Lenten) Rose cupped Veiner (SKGI)
- Simple Leaf Cutters (TT) 229-232
- Fresh snowberry leaves
- Circle Cutters (TT) 292-295
- Fine Rose Leaf Veiner (Diamond Paste Rosa Rugosa or similar) or fresh Eucalyptus leaves
- Cel size guide (CC) Optional
- Veining tool (JEM)
- Fine Angled tweezers
- Dresden Tool (JEM)
- Ball tool
- Cel sticks (CC)
- Note book & pen
- A block of oasis or styrofoam covered in cling film
- An 8” box lined with tissue to transport your finished spray
Discount codes MUST be used at the time of purchasing a workshop via the website. Discounts cannot be applied after the booking has been made.
The cake dummy & the small taped spray is for illustrative purposes only & will not form part of the workshop. The spray we will make is the one on the top of the cake. The size of your completed spray will depend on how quickly you work.
Colette Laura May (we) reserves the right to cancel or change a workshop. In these circumstances we will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students a transfer to this date, or if this date is not convenient an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
We are unable to offer refunds or workshop transfers should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your workshop.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another workshop if Colette Laura May is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of the workshop co-ordinator and will incur a £20 administration fee. No transfer will be offered if the cancellation is within four weeks of the workshop date.